Q: egr value code

I replace my egr value on my Lincoln town car 2007 but the my check engine light came back on the next day

There are over ten different codes that point to the EGR system on the engine and each code can lead to a different possible cause for the codes when the pinpoint test is done. You should have a mechanic scan the computer and diagnose the codes received as well as also complete a pinpoint test to narrow the problem down to the EGR system failure. The EGR sensor (DPFE) or hoses to the sensor is most likely the cause of the problem on this engine.