Q: EGR System

How can I fix "too little flow on the EGR system? I took vehicle to Auto Zone and they put a machine on it which said: too little flow. Would it be easier to just replace the whole thing?

Hi there.

Most of the time on your vehicle this is caused by a bad EGR valve. It can also be a clog in the system if there is a lot of build up. I typically remove the valve and inspect the ports for carbon. If it is really clogged I clean it up and clear the codes to see if it fixes it. If it goes away or if the ports are clean I replace the EGR valve. If you want to have this done, consider using YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose this issue.