Q: ECU malfunctioning again

The engine control unit has malfunctioned again. I have replaced it at least twice before. The engine control unit lamp is lit and the power has been drastically reduced.

A: Hello. Knowing the codes that you are getti...

Hello. Knowing the codes that you are getting would really help me to determine the problem. If you continue to have control modules that are failing it is typically due to a failure in the connection at the module. If the module is not actually failing, but you have power reduction coming on it can be for a number of reasons. Commonly it is due to a problem with the fuel pressure dropping off. A mechanic would need to scan the computer for codes to see where to start. I would enlist the help of a certified mechanic that can determine your car’s loss of power.