Q: E36 with steady tick noise in idle. Engine runs good tho, no lose of power or anything. What do?

Tick noise from 1993 e36. sounds like its coming from where spark plugs are at.

A: Your BMW uses hydraulic valve lifters that ...

Your BMW uses hydraulic valve lifters that start to tick if they become starved of oil, or when they are beginning to fail or have already failed. You should start by checking your oil level, and make sure its fully topped off. That is the most common cause I have seen for noise from hydraulic lifters. If the oil is full and the problem still exists, then you likely will need to have the hydraulic lifters replaced. This service should only be performed by a qualified technician with experience doing it, such as one from YourMechanic, and only after they determine that's the actual source of the noise.