Q: during acceleration...the truck revs fine from idle to about 2000. Then is seems to pause or hesitate unless i stand on it

Truck starts well, idles with a slight rumble and accelerates well up to about 2000. it accelerates fine up until that point, with good power. Once it hits ~2000 rpm it seems to lose power and really won't go any higher. It will rev higher than 2000 if i accelerate hard enough to downshift but it still feels low on power when it does. I have replaced fuel filter, spark plugs and cleaned the MAF and throttle body in an attempt to fix this but to no avail.

I don't think that it's the fuel injectors or the coils...but i've only gone as far as disconnecting the connectors with the truck running to see if they operate.

I just really don't know where to look next.

Hi there. In most cases, problems like you’ve described are caused by fuel system restrictions (typically due to fuel filter or air filter being clogged with debris). It can also be an air/fuel mixture problem or perhaps an issue with the ERG valve. It’s probably a good idea to check the EGR valve and air filter and replace if needed. You can also have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete an onsite inspection to help you diagnose this problem.

3. during acceleration...the truck revs fine from idle to about 2000. Then is seems to pause or hesitate unless i stand on it