Q: during acceleration...the truck revs fine from idle to about 2000. Then is seems to pause or hesitate unless i stand on it

Truck starts well, idles with a slight rumble and accelerates well up to about 2000. it accelerates fine up until that point, with good power. Once it hits ~2000 rpm it seems to lose power and really won't go any higher. It will rev higher than 2000 if i accelerate hard enough to downshift but it still feels low on power when it does. I have replaced fuel filter, spark plugs and cleaned the MAF and throttle body in an attempt to fix this but to no avail.

I don't think that it's the fuel injectors or the coils...but i've only gone as far as disconnecting the connectors with the truck running to see if they operate.

I just really don't know where to look next.

3. during acceleration...the truck revs fine from idle to about 2000. Then is seems to pause or hesitate unless i stand on it