Q: I feel rough, not smooth running . A mechanic disabled my EGR.

Should i re install or change a new EGR IN MY INNOVA 2006 MANUAL. IT RUNS ROUGH IN A SPEED OF 15 TO 25 KM PER HOUR IN A 3RD GEAR SHIFT

Hi there. The rough running in 3rd gear could be, an engine misfire caused by a faulty spark plug or faulty fuel injector. There are multiple possibilities for an engine to run rough under load (3rd gear) and should be properly diagnosed. The EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) valve is designed to reduce combustion temperatures. Pinging and increased NOX (nitrogen oxide) levels may occur with the EGR system disabled. The EGR valve may or may not be, faulty and again, should be properly diagnosed. I recommend having your vehicle’s not running smooth in 3rd gear be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. I feel rough, not smooth running . A mechanic disabled my EGR.