Q: Drove through high water

I was heading home when I drove through some high water car stalled out got it home drained everything fuel pump injectors everything have power just would not crank come to find out it had one of them by here pay here starting things on it by then I bought a new computer put it in took the device off now there's no power to the radio no lights on the dash no check engine light nothing

Hi there. From the description you have given, driving through the high water, your vehicle stall, and no crank situation may be the engine hydrostatically locked. The engine took water in through the intake, into the cylinders, preventing it from turning over. Replacing the computer and removing the GPS interlock device appears to have created more problems for you.

The first thing thing to do is restore the vehicle’s loss of electrical power. Next, remove the spark plugs and try turning engine over. If the engine turns over, reinstall or replace spark plugs. Hopefully, no additional damage has occurred. I recommend having your vehicle’s loss of electrical power and no crank diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic.

3. Drove through high water