Q: driving the car lost ALL electric and eng just shut off. RPM right to zero.

I swapped out starter sol. not fixed. when you connect the battery the starter sol engages. I removed the starter and connected all connections turned the key on and once grounded every thing worked but the starter would not turn over. just the gear moved out because the sol on the starter engaged.

starter bad ?

Stan Randall

Hi there. It sounds like you definitely have a short somewhere in the electrical circuit. Is there a burnt smell from the engine compartment? This could be a sign of a short circuit that has melted a wire/harness or component. Look and smell for any components that may be at fault. Have you disconnected the alternator and attempted to see if the vehicle has the same behavior? Has the battery been replaced? Tested? Check for broken, corroded, or loose grounds; these can cause several electrical concerns. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with an electrical problems inspection.

3. driving the car lost ALL electric and eng just shut off. RPM right to zero.