Q: Driving normal and my brakes start act up first noticed pull to passenger side then petal travels farther than normal

Driving normal brake on pass side pulls then petal travels farther than before where do I start looking

There are several possible causes for the brakes to pull to one side when applied. This could be caused by a sticking caliper, brake line leaking, compromised brake hose, a low tire pressure, a failed suspension component, a faulty master cylinder, or any number of other possible causes. With the additional information that the pedal is traveling farther than normal, it will help to narrow down the possibilities, somewhat, but a visual inspection will still be necessary. It will be necessary to make note of any fluid leaks that appear, a low fluid level in the master cylinder (as this is a sign of a leak), tires that look to be low on air, and so forth. It is also possible that the brake pads are worn, or that there is a axle seal that is leaking fluid onto the pads and not allowing one, or both, sides to not allow the brakes to work as efficiently as they normally would. I would suggest pulling the wheels off and doing a very thorough inspection to verify where the problem lies. If you feel you could use a hand in identifying and/or repairing the fault, consult a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic.com.

• Driving normal and my brakes start act up first noticed pull to passenger side then petal travels farther than normal