Q: Driving down the road the steering is fine when I start to park it's squeals and it's hard to turn then when I back out of a parki

Driving down the road the steering is fine when I start to park it's squeals and it's hard to turn then when I back out of a parking place it makes that squealing sound and is hard to turn once I'm on the road it's fine again would that would that be the power steering pump or the rack and pinion??

The first thing to check would be the power steering belt, both for condition and tension. If the belt is loose due to improper tension or simply from being stretched due to age, a simple belt replacement may cure the issue. If the belt is good in all aspects, then the power steering fluid pressure should be checked to determine if the pump is at fault. Sometimes flushing the power steering system can cure this. A bad rack & pinion unit can be the cause, but the basics should be checked first. Have a certified technician look into the hard steering to find the exact cause. If the pump or rack & pinion require replacement, the power steering fluid should be flushed at that time as well.

• Driving down the road the steering is fine when I start to park it's squeals and it's hard to turn then when I back out of a parki