Q: Driveshaft doesn't fit

I have an '84 Cutlass. It leaks oil, the wiring is wrong, and the drive shaft doesn't fit right since an engine swap. What would it cost to get the car running the way it should?

It sounds to me like you performed a custom engine swap, putting a different engine in than the car came with. Here at YourMechanic we concentrate on repairing cars back to their original performance. Here’s a couple tips if that is the case. If you moved the transmission to accommodate a different engine you will need a custom driveshaft. There are shops that can make them from scratch, or shorten yours, if you moved the transmission rearwards. Wiring is a whole different story and you’ll have to do your research. If I assumed wrong and you put the same engine in, a qualified mechanic from YourMechanic would be happy to provide an estimate for the work needed.

3. Driveshaft doesn't fit