Q: Drives a few blocks and loses gas pedal pressure.

Car fires up fine. Drives a few blocks then loses gas pedal pressure. Hesitates to accelerate.

Hi CP. Thanks for contacting us today. There are a few possible reasons why you are having this problem. The most common issue that causes a restriction of fuel shortly after it starts is due to a mass air flow sensor, fuel injectors, throttle body or fuel filter that is dirty. It’s also common for a fuel pump that is starting to wear out to display these type of symptoms. Since there are multiple possible sources, you might want to have a professional mechanic complete a start then dies inspection to determine what needs to be fixed.

3. Drives a few blocks and loses gas pedal pressure.