Q: Drivers window motor replace

I have the old motor out but I removed every bolt that held motor/regulator. I see how the reg goes back but need detailed instructions/ photos or drawings on putting the new motor back in as when I removed motor ,it snapped out along with the spring. I see how the spring goes back but need to know how to position the motor and spring on the bracket. The window will be held in the up position with duck tape. Thank you

The spring should not normally be taken off. Only the motor should be removed and replaced. The regulator may be held in a vice while motor is removed and replaced. You will need to remove the entire regulator from the door and over extend the regulator to reconnect the spring. Then start collapsing the regulator until the motor can be reconnected and bolted down. After that’s done, you can install the regulator back in the door. You may need to connect it and move the regulator up or down to get it into the door and be able to reconnect it. If you’d like some assistance with this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can help you replace your window motor and address any other issues that are present.