Q: Driver window

I have a 2011 VW Passat The driver window goes down with swtich but doesnt come up. Every other window works. I tried to put up my window with key holding the lock button and it worked. So is it the swtich fault?

Hi there. Yes, it does sound like the switch is at fault. Great job in checking the window operation via the key! Before replacing the switch there may need to be an inspection of the wiring harness to determine if there are any broken wires preventing the switch from operating properly. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a window does not go up inspection.