Q: Driver's side window not going up or down.

My driver's side window will not go up or down. I took it to a shop and they put it up and placed a screw in it to keep it up. They said the door was damaged, but I feel like it can be fixed. Maybe it just needs a new track, or to be bent back into place.

What the shop is talking about is that the mounting points for the window regulator that holds the window have stripped out, or are broken. Depending on how and what is damaged, repair may be possible. However, the opposite could also be true; the door may need to be replaced. I would ask for assistance from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic to come to you and examine the window not going up or down issue, as well as your door, to see what needs to be repaired.