Q: Driver's door not locking

I’m having a problem with my driver’s door locking. I have tried locking it using the remote transmitter in the single stage and two stage positions. All of the other doors lock and set the alarm, but the drive’s door stays unlocked. I can lock it manually though. Could this be a problem with the transmitter programming, or am I doing something wrong?

A: Hello there. For your 2005 Jaguar Vanden Pl...

Hello there. For your 2005 Jaguar Vanden Plas, a few different faults can cause the door lock to not work from the remote. If all of the other doors work when the fob lock button is pressed, the fob is probably working properly. Other possible causes would be the door lock actuator, door lock assembly, door lock switch, or a wiring fault. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the door lock issue and perform any repairs required.