Q: Driver's door locking intermittently

The driver's door sometimes locks intermittently. While sitting in the car, I can push the button all the way down, and someone outside can sometimes still open the door. If I use the key, it doesn't always lock the door, even though it has worked in the past. The lock button will not go fully to the top. Sometimes I can lock the door and go out the passenger's side door and it will still be unlocked.

Hello. If the door is locking all by itself and the other locks do not do so then you have a short in the locking circuit. Most of the time the problem is in the door itself. It is caused by a bad actuator. It can also be caused by a bad door lock switch. I typically remove the door panel and check the wiring. If there are no wiring issues, then I disconnect the switches one at a time to see when it stops. This lets me know where the problem is. If you are going to have this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your door lock issue and make any necessary repairs.

3. Driver's door locking intermittently