Q: Driver/passenger doors have to be slammed to close

All four doors in my car are with a system that closes them automatically with a hydraulic air system; however, my front doors (driver and passenger) are no longer closing with that air system. To get them to close, I have to slam them. What causes this and what should I do to get it corrected?

A: Hello. I would first recommend having your ...

Hello. I would first recommend having your vehicle inspected by a qualified mechanic. This mechanic should be able to pull up a diagram of all the parts that are associated with this door closing system to determine which parts are preventing the door from closing. This could be an actuator, wiring, a fuse, or something else all together.

A visual inspection of the door closing system would be the most logical first step in resolving this issue. Once the part causing the doors not to close is determined, having it replaced with a quality OEM part would be best considering that this is a rare system on a car. Buying a more inexpensive aftermarket part may not be as good quality and could potentially cause the same issue later on down the road. For help having this taken care of, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office for diagnosis and repair of the door-closing issue.