Q: Driver mirror seems to be in the night vision mode all the time. What could be the cause?

My car is a Cadillac XTS 4The drivers side mirror appears to be in the night driving mode all the time. it looks like it has a permanent black mark st the top and you can see the heating lines. not sure what to do to fix.

A: Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. ...

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. The heater on the mirror has engaged and is not shutting off. Since only the driver mirror is malfunctioning, the driver door mirror needs to be replaced. The heater has shorted inside the mirror and is keeping the heater on at all times. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle’s mirror, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, that can assist you with your vehicle.