Q: Driver and passenger seatbelts are locked

I rear ended somebody the other day and my airbag went off. Ever since I have not been able to get my passenger or driver side seat belts unlocked. they are retracted all the way in and will not come out. I tried disconnecting the battery for 30min then reconnecting and turning the key but that did not work.

When a collision occurs, the vehicle’s seatbelts are designed to lock up to keep the passengers inside the vehicle during the collision. As a standard function of the seat belt, they will lock up in the event of a collision. Unfortunately, the seat belts will require replacement in order to resolve this issue. Ensure that the one replacing the seat belts is a professional and handles your vehicle with care considering that the seat belts are part of your vehicle’s safety system.

3. Driver and passenger seatbelts are locked