Q: Drive train starts up during acceleration

The drive train on my car would start itself up each time I increase the speed. At that point, the car would start getting sluggish and seem to lose power. In order to get it running normally, I would have to restart the car. After that, it would be fine. What is causing this? Thanks.

A: You may be having problems with the VANOS s...

You may be having problems with the VANOS system causing the loss of power you’re experiencing. The system should be checked following the manufacturer’s technical bulletin: 11-02-08, for power reduction. The bulletin covers the systems possible problems and fixes that can be done. The bulletin is a long detailed list of checks and should be done by a qualified mechanic.

If you decide to get this fixed, enlist a certified mechanic who can diagnose your loss of power and make the necessary repairs to your vehicle.