Q: drive light and engine light on and off.

The drive light "D" flashing on and off at times. The engine light goes on and off at the same time, While this is happening the auto transmission is hard to shift.

Hi there. Those flashing lights mean that something is definitely wrong with the drivetrain of the vehicle. When lights flash such as this it is a warning to discontinue use of the vehicle to avoid further damage of components. There are most likely codes and data stored in the computers that will help with the diagnosis of your concern. I suggest having a qualified technician with a capable scan tool and proper diagnostic equipment perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a check engine light inspection.