Q: Draining the brakes on a 2000 Mercedes Benz ML320

I have a 2000 Mercedes Benz ML320 and I've drained the brakes several times through the vacuum and pressure bleeder; plowed the right door, put a new master cylinder, the rotors and pads; changed the pedal travel sensor but the spongy feeling remained.

Here’s something you have to realize--that’s a Mercedes Benz that has AL brakes. It’s one of the most complex systems out there. You cannot bleed the air out of that system correctly without a dealer-level star tester. That’s just how it goes. You need one of those. I have one, and even though I have one, it is still a pain in the butt. I’ve got to hook it up, push all kinds of buttons to set it up and then it tells me what to do. It says step on here, open this up, do this, and do that. It’s very specialized equipment. So have a professional mechanic to bleed the brakes out for you as this can be a very complex job requiring specific equipment.