Q: Door sensor

When I open my drivers side door, it doesnt turn of my radio or display that its open. What sensor would need replaced in the door and where is it located inside the door?

The door switch is located on the driver’s door latch. Try to lube the door latch first to see if it is binding. If it is binding, then you will most likely need to replace the latch and switch at the same time. The switch is on the latch assembly. If you would like to have this diagnosed for you before making a repair, a certified technician from YourMechanic can inspect your door/electrical issue.