Q: Door seals are wearing away, car is very new

I'm not happy with how the door seals on my 2014 Kia Soul have held up. This is a very new car, with just 19k miles on it, yet the door seams are noticeably wearing away. The amount of water coming in isn’t alarming, but I am definitely going to have to fix the problem soon. What can I do other than just replace the seals and let it happen again?

A: The seals on the Kia Soul's doors do we...

The seals on the Kia Soul's doors do wear out pretty quickly. The only way to make the seals last longer is to keep them coated with a good silicone spray on a regular basis. This helps them slide, not grab, when opening and closing the doors. Replacement door seals are available aftermarket and may provide a cost savings to you. There have been no manufacturer recalls nor any suggested fixes listed on the web. The best advice is to keep them lubed and they should seal better as well as last longer.