Q: Door remains ajar no matter how hard we slam it.

The driver side door sometimes, not always does not fully latch whether closing from inside or outside. Outside lights remain on for a longer period of time, been ensuring there are jumper cables in the car. While the lights do turn off, I'm still concerned about battery drain, battery one year old. Is this a problem to be fixed on a vehicle to be essentially scrapped in 6 months, and if so, what would be a reasonable cost to get it done?

A: Hey there. You should look at the door latc...

Hey there. You should look at the door latch and the striker to see if you see excessive wear on the striker or if the plastic covering on the latch has been worn off. If they are worn, then the latch and the striker may need to be replaced if they are worn. The latch pin switch also may not be making good contact when the latch is not getting closed all the way. On some vehicles, you can adjust the striker out toward the door latch so it can close all the way. This works as a good remedy until you can replace the latch and striker.