Q: Door locks and hazard lights unresonsive

Some electrical problems have been occurring lately on my BMW. I cannot lock the car at all because the remote key can't get the doors to lock. They cannot be locked with the key either. Also, the hazard lights quit working. I would appreciate any advice on how to find out what is causing this.

I believe it is possible that you may have a problem with your keyless entry module/receiver. If this control module is not working properly, this can prevent certain features that are activated by the key fob from working. These features would include the locking and unlocking of the doors, the lights flashing to indicate the car has been unlocked, and possibly even the alarm. I would recommend having this issue inspected by a qualified technician in order to determine the true cause of the problem. Once the vehicle has been inspected, the technician will be able to give you a repair estimate as to how much and how long this job will take. I would recommend that you have this issue resolved as soon as possible for your vehicles security.