Q: Door locking mechanism malfunction - 1992 Cadillac Brougham

My car has been running great despite being old. However, there is a minor issue with the door locking mechanism, which I tried to find and replace but it is difficult to find the part for the car this old. The locking mechanism on the driver's side works well and I'm able to lock the door. The problem is that ocassionally I get locked out. The mechanic told me that the part that I should replace is the locking mechanism on the left side. Do you have any advice on what I should do?

A: Hey there, thanks for writing in about your...

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 1992 Cadillac Brougham. The door lock actuators will start binding and not allow you to lock or unlock the car. If you cannot find the parts, then you could have them removed and go to manual locks only. This is last resort if parts are not found. You can get in touch with YourMechanic to help source the part and replace the door lock actuator at your home or office.