Q: door lock malfunction has occurred.

I have an 02 Dakota Quad Cab with door lock problems. They constantly lock and unlock with engine on or off. I've done some investigating and figured out how to disarm the system so it doesn't kill the battery when the engine is off for an extended length of time. That is I unplug the lock system from the BCM. (middle plug). I'm not much on car electronics and I want to eliminate paying big bucks at the dealers. I'd like to replace theBCM. If I do,will I still have to bring it to the dealer to re calibrate the computer?

The body control module (BCM) can be replaced, but you will need to have it flashed (programmed) to match the VIN number on your vehicle. The dealership or manufacture are authorized to flash the new BCM. If you need further assistance with replacing the BCM, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.