Q: Door chime sensor randomly goes on and off especially during rough braking or on bumpy roads

I have a problem with the door chime sensor on my car. It occasionally turns on and off, usually when I drive on bumpy roads as well as when I have to brake a bit harder. It makes the door lock and unlock during driving. As the front actuator quit working, I had to replace it. Actually, I had them all replaced as I was told at the dealership that it would be best to do so. Although they are all new, there is still the same problem with the door chime sensor. What should I do? Thank you in advance.

On the door latch assemblies inside the door, there are door ajar switches that indicate whether a door is latched or not. Over time and use, these switches can go bad and the contacts do not stay in place causing door messages, courtesy lights, and possible lock/unlock issues.

These are replaceable but require the door panel to be replaced. Another possibility could be an issue with the door wiring. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will be able to replace the door lock switch.

3. Door chime sensor randomly goes on and off especially during rough braking or on bumpy roads