Q: Dont know where to start building an engine

I just got a 1966 mustang. The engine comes with it but its just the engine block on a stand. I dont even know where to begin with this car.

Hi there. This actually sounds like a very cool project you’re taking on with a 66 Mustang rebuild. However, unless you have access to the right tools to correctly rebuild this 289 Blue Oval small block it might be better to either purchase a new crate engine or have a professional machine shop rebuild the motor for you. Either way you go, I would HIGHLY recommend purchasing this book by Tom Monroe as it’s one of the better resources out there on how to rebuild a small block Ford.

3. Dont know where to start building an engine