Q: Why does my dome light not work when the car is on and pressing the button on my 2012 Ford Fusion

When the car is on or off with door open the dome lights turn on and when the car is on or off with the doors closed they won't turn on even pushing the button.

Hello. If the dome light will not turn on with the switch then the switch itself is more than likely defective. If the light works at all other times then the light itself should be fine and there should be power there. I would test the switch to verify this. If you need to have this checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the light will not work] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/electrical-components-are-not-working-inspection

• Why does my dome light not work when the car is on and pressing the button on my 2012 Ford Fusion