Q: Dome light not shutting off

The dome light in my truck will not shut off. All of the buttons pop in and out.

Hello, there are a few things to check before a mechanic is called out. Check the map light switch and be sure they are in the off position. Also, check the instrument cluster illumination switch. If all that is good, then you will need the aid of mechanic with a scanner to see if there are any codes or data that will be helpful for diagnosis. On most modern cars, the lights are no longer connected to just the switches. The dome lights are controlled through a control unit that activates if it sees an input from a door switch. With a good scanner, the inputs can be seen and the cause can be easily determined. If you would like to have this taken care, one of our certified technicians can come to your home or office to make the needed repairs.

3. Dome light not shutting off