Q: Doesn't run well

Once car starts it gets to temperature quick ,Miss fires ,revs drop not idle correct ,over heats and wants to cut out soon as it starts

A: Your VW overheating quickly is typically an...

Your VW overheating quickly is typically an indicator of a stuck closed thermostat. This will quickly cause engine damage if driven. The other symptoms you list may be indicating a blown head gasket. A good visual inspection is needed. Look at the oil and see if it is contaminated with coolant. Look for oil in the coolant. A few tests are needed to confirm the condition of the fluid and seals. including a compression test, a cooling system pressure test, and block tests to help determine the integrity of cylinder sealing. If you want to have this done, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to test the car and make a diagnosis on its overheating and misfiring issues.