Q: Doesn't always turnover completely.

My car will commonly crank correctly but right as it is about to turn over and start it will sputter a little and die, or wont start at all. If im constanlty using it throughout the day its fine. But more often than none, it takes a few tries to get it to fully turn over and start. (Average tries 5 or 6) (average time to start it 5 seconds to a minute of attempts.)

A: The engine computer should be tested for co...

The engine computer should be tested for codes to diagnose for the problem. I suspect the camshaft sensor is not working correctly.

The sensor will sense the top dead center of the number cylinder to get vehicle to start. If it does not work the computer will use the crankshaft sensor to get it started but it may take a few tries to actually start. Once it has started it should work okay.

You should have the vehicle tested and diagnosed. If you’d like to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as one of our technicians can come to your home and diagnose the starting issue firsthand.