Q: Does the timming belt run off the water pump? 2003 Toyota

water pump gone bad was going to do it myself was wondering if i had to mess with the timing belt at all

Hi there - the answer depends on which engine you have: a 4 cylinder, or the V6. The 4-cylinder engines use a timing chain, which is not touched when the water pump needs replacement. The V6 engines, on the other hand, use the timing belt to drive both the water pump and the camshaft, so replacement of the water pump on the V6 models requires timing belt replacement and cam timing activities. For assistance, I recommend a water pump replacement performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Does the timming belt run off the water pump? 2003 Toyota