Q: Does the engine in a 2011 sonata need to be removed by dropping it out the bottom or lifted out? Thank you

Does the engine in a 2011 sonata need to be removed by dropping it out the bottom or lifted out? Thank you

According to the service manual, the engine gets removed through the bottom of the vehicle, after removing the subframe. The manual recommends using an engine support fixture to support the engine in the engine compartment, removing the subframe, and then supporting the engine from the bottom. Once supported, it recommends lifting the vehicle up to expose the engine and transaxle assembly. If this is something you feel you could use a hand with, contact a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic.com.

3. Does the engine in a 2011 sonata need to be removed by dropping it out the bottom or lifted out? Thank you