Q: Does the code need to be erased after the part is replaced in order for the vehicle to start??

Crankshaft position sensor was replaced but the vehicle still won't crank... Does the code need to be erased???

It is not a requirement to clear the code for the vehicle to restart if the problem is the crankshaft sensor. The engine should start. You should now clear the code and see if the code now returns. You most likely have a defective sensor or the wiring has an issue at the connector. You will need to have the system tested to see if the crankshaft sensor is still setting codes and causing the no start.

3. Does the code need to be erased after the part is replaced in order for the vehicle to start??