Q: Does not move forward or backward and I can hear a rattling sound. What is the problem?

My Dodge Ram 1500 2004 4.7 does not move forward or backward and I can hear a rattling sound. I changed the U-Joints on the front and the back, because it shook the truck when I accelerated the truck. Did I do something wrong to the truck, by doing these and causing it not to move? Please Help!!

If you had the driveshaft out to replace the U-joints, my question would be was there a problem present before you removed the driveshaft? If the problem did not happen until you removed the driveshaft, then you either have a transfer case and it is in neutral, or you did not put the driveshaft in correctly. If the problem was there before and you thought the driveshaft would fix it, then you either have a transfer case or internal transmission problem. If you still need a diagnosis, then get in touch with a certified mechanic from YourMechanic who can inspect the rattling noise and determine why the car is not moving.

3. Does not move forward or backward and I can hear a rattling sound. What is the problem?