Q: Does Honda Accord V6 drive belt fit under or above the tensioner?

My honda accord V6 came back from repair having had a drive belt replacement done, but makes noise on the engine start up Why is this noise will it be the belt had been fitted incorrectly over or under the tensioner?

Depending on what year Accord you have and which belt you are referring to, the belt routing may be different. One sure way to know which side of the belt the pulley goes is to look at the pulley to see if it is smooth or has belt grooves. If the pulley is smooth then the smooth side of the belt rides on it. If the pulley is grooved then the grooved side of the belt is on the pulley. If you are getting a little squeal from one of the belts when you start up or turn the vehicle then you may have a defective or maladjusted belt tensioner. Have the belt adjustment checked using a belt tension check tool to see if one or more of the belts are too loose and need adjusting or a tensioner is bad and need replaced.