Q: Does diesel grade #2 (with more sulfur) clean injectors better than grade #3?

I live in Argentina and drive a 2013 Toyota Hilux Pickup 4 X 4 turbo diesel. We have the option of buying diesel #2 or #3 (Euro diesel). The handbook "recommends" Euro diesel, but several mechanics tell me that the higher-sulfur diesel #2 actually keeps the injectors cleaner. I have used both and cannot tell any difference in either performance or mileage.

A: Hello. You should use the number 2 diesel f...

Hello. You should use the number 2 diesel fuel only. The number 3 diesel fuel is not as good as number 2 diesel. The manual is letting you know that you can use the lower grade fuel as a minimum. The number 2 diesel is better since it has better lubrication properties and less injectors clogging issues.