Q: Does a 1985 vw jetta have a water pump because it overheats.

My car jst over heats it barely started today does it has a water puml or wat can be wrong with it cuz the fan does turn on bt the water leaks from a pipe

Hi there. Your vehicle does have a water pump. For your vehicle overheating, the water pump, thermostat, radiator or radiator cap, or the head gasket could be damaged causing the engine to overheat. Most of the time, if the engine is overheating but not going into the red zone but close, then the thermostat is sticking and not opening all the way. If the coolant is not flowing correctly, then either the water pump is not working or the radiator is plugged. If the engine overheats quickly and goes to the red zone on the gauge, then the head gasket is burned. If you need further assistance with your engine overheating, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Does a 1985 vw jetta have a water pump because it overheats.