Q: Dodge stratus 99 isn't wanting to shift and the engine dies out when stopped.

I noticed a problem when my car started to shake and didn't want to go beyond 50 mpH. Then, when I tried stopping, the car wanted to die out, unless I did a rolling stop while breaking and giving it the gas. I got it to a family member's house and it died when I stopped. The car would then turn on but if I tried putting it in reverse it would die. Same thing with drive. The check engine light had come on so I read the code saying the crank sensor was messed up. I replaced that. I checked the transmission fluid and it was the right height, but it was thin and bubbly. So I ended up replacing the transmission filter and the transmission fluid thinking maybe it was getting old and too thin as well. I started to drive it back home and it was doing pretty good till the same thing started to happen again on my way back once it startes to warm up. So now I have no idea where to go from here.

A: Hi there. This seems to be an issue with t...

Hi there. This seems to be an issue with the idle air control valve (IAC) and a possible mass air flow sensor (MAF) that is dirty. Even though the valve and sensor can be damaged or dirty, as long as they are working the engine light will not come on. Check the harness to the IAC and MAF and see if they are plugged in. Also, remove the MAF and clean it out and then put it back on. If the issue continue, then I recommend replacing the IAC and the MAF to fix the problem that you are having with the stalling and loss of power. If you need further assistance with your engine stalling out, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.