Q: Dodge magnum turns on but shuts off in 2 to 3 min.

I have a 2005 dodge magnum sxt 3.5L. It seems that no mechanic can fix the problem i have with the car. Basically it was during thanksgiving were it just wouldnt turn on. The next day i turned it on but it would stay on for like 2 or 3 minutes then shut off. My mechanic changed the crank sensor and cam which the engine light was giving the code p16. But it still has the problem. He also cleaned the throttle body. Any suggestions?

Hi There, As you indicated code P0016 refers to the crank sensor, however there are also other timing issues that may be the cause for this code as well such as a stretched timing belt or the belt skipping a tooth on the pulley. The timing tensioner pulley may also be damaged which could cause this to happen as well. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.