Q: Dodge Caliber A/C compressor

Hello. I have a Dodge Caliber 2007 2.0 and I need to replace the A/C compressor. The mechanic mentioned that I need to replace the condenser as well. Is this really necessary? Can I change the A/C compressor without changing the condenser. Thanks in advance. Julio

Hi Julio, You do not have to change the AC condenser at the same time while changing the AC compressor. In some cases the compressor may fail due to the condenser collecting too much debris that comes from the compressor. This gives an indication of potentially why the compressor may have failed, however the compressor and condenser do not necessarily need to be replaced simultaneously.

3. Dodge Caliber A/C compressor