Q: Transmission does not shift properly

The car won't change gears properly. It especially acts up when accelerating. It does better if there is no stopping involved so driving in traffic, etc. is near impossible. It only drives at around 20 mph and as soon as it accelerates over that it stops. I have read that there's an issue with Honda and that you have to stop and re-start and then it resets.

This may be any number of issues as many transmissions today have a complex structure and can be very complicated in diagnosing. A faulty transmission control module may cause a delay in acceleration or erratic shifting of gears. The transmission control module has various sensors such as vehicle speed sensors, wheel speed sensors, throttle position sensors, turbine speed sensor, and transmission fluid temperature sensors that all direct information to it in order for it to perform it’s function. Other components controlled by the TCM are components such as a kick down switch, traction control system, and cruise control module. Any of these may also affect the way the transmission control module performs and controls the transmission and the shifting of your vehicle. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your location to properly diagnose your transmission shifting problem.

3. Transmission does not shift properly