Q: Do you work at canyon lake? I had a loud ticking and then it quit would not turn over but tried to fire.

Loud ticking i thought it was air con motor so went on down the road, got about 2 miles and just quit. I was about to turn back because i was losing power. Beleive it had adequate oil. Was not overheating now or previous trips. Engine light has been on.

Hi there. There are many possible sources of a ticking noise that eventually causes the engine to quit running. In some cases it’s a serpentine or drive belt that was loose that eventually breaks. In other instances, it can be internal engine problems; but there are usually several warning signs that will alert the driver to possible problems here. The best advice I can offer is to fill out this request to have one of our mobile mechanics complete a car is hard to start inspection. Once we receive your data, we will be able to determine if we have a professional mobile mechanic in your area.

3. Do you work at canyon lake? I had a loud ticking and then it quit would not turn over but tried to fire.