Q: do you really need take out the motor to do the oil pan gasket or is there a way around that?

my oil leaks from the oil pan and my transsmision pan on my 1993 cadillac Deville I want to know if there is a way around not taking the motor out to replace its my first car so I wanna do all the work myself!!!

A: Hi there: With the 93 Cadillac DeVille V-8...

Hi there:

With the 93 Cadillac DeVille V-8, you don’t need to remove the engine to remove the oil pan and replace the gasket. You will have to remove lower cross member and some other front engine cover components; which tends to make this job better suited for a professional mechanic that has the right tools to complete this job. I’d recommend first buying and reviewing the service manual for the 1993 Cadillac DeVille first to determine if it’s a job you’re able or willing to complete. If not, contact one of our local professional mechanics to replace your oil pan gasket for you.