Q: Do you know of a rear disc brake conversion kit for my car?

I am unable to locate a kit for this. Do you know if any modification can be made to allow this?

Rear disc brakes were available on your vehicle as an option and so you can reconfigure it. If you presently have rear drum brakes and you want to convert to disc brakes, you best option is to obtain used parts from Car-Part.com for example you may need to change the rear spindles and you will need the calipers and caliper bracket. All those parts can be refurbished if you buy them used or you can buy re-built rear calipers. There are kits that are sold, too, such as the Ksport kit No. BKMZ200-422SO for your car but you will be much better off using the OEM design. You might have to change the proportioning valve and/or use an adjustable proportioning valve because the rear brake pressure for disc brakes may be different than that specified for the standard drum brakes. We can check that for you, if you like. There may be some mechanics in your service area who would be interested in doing such a conversion. If you desire to explore that possibility and see what the cost is, simply request a brake system inspection and the responding certified mechanic will look at what you have and let you know what all is involved and what the cost would be. In the meantime, you can gauge the availability and cost of the parts you will need by simply searching the database at Car-Part.com. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.