Q: Do you add tranmission fluid in when transmission hit light comes on

My indicator light says transmission hot idle engine

The Transmission Hot - Idle Engine message appears when the transmission fluid is too hot, which prevents the transmission from cooling properly; when this message appears, you should stop and turn off your car. You should only add transmission fluid if the fluid level is low. If the fluid level is good but the fluid looks dirty, a transmission service MAY help. If this issue recurs, a YourMechanic certified mechanic can come to your home or place of business and perform a general warning light inspection or transmission fluid service on your vehicle.

• Do you add tranmission fluid in when transmission hit light comes on